1 PerspectiveDecember 28, 2008
“If you and the other side value the case differently, at least one of you is wrong.” Settlement Perspectives’ Early Case Assessment series started with this premise, and there’s more on this topic to come.
This is a quick index to Early Case Assessment posts on Settlement Perspectives so you can find them all in one place — and we’ll be sure to keep this list updated as new ECA content arrives.
Early Case Assessment Posts: An Index
ECA posts on Settlement Perspectives include the following:
- Easier Said Than Done: Early Case Assessments Part I: The Definition of Early Case Assessment — and a brief discussion of what it’s not.
- The Early Case Assessment Checklist: Early Case Assessments Part II: The 15 items on the Early Case Assessment Checklist, grouped by category to keep them organized.
- Putting the Checklist into Action: Early Case Assessments Part III: Four important ideas, admittedly based on mistakes I have made, that will make your ECA efforts more effective.
- Better Settlements from Better Information: Early Case Assessments IV: Why, if you plan to settle your case, a thorough ECA will be worth the investment it will require.
- Better Docket Management Through Early Case Assessments: ECAs Part V: More than a few reasons why ECA is a good idea even if you don’t plan to settle.
- The Partner Focus Group: An Easy Way to Get the Extra Perspective You Need: Because sometimes you need another perspective.
- CPR Publishes New Early Case Assessment Guidelines: Additional resources to assist you with your ECA.
- Early Case Assessments: More on the ECA Toolkit from PD Villareal: Excerpts from an interview with one of the pioneers in Early Case Assessment.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.